Currently, the development of Teeworlds is more active than ever. Encouraged by this positive influence, we are currently also very active in development. In the focus of the development were mainly minor adjustments in the background, as well as a few minor adjustments to the display. But we were also able to accommodate some new functions.
But above all we want to fulfill a wish of a few players with this update. Even though we were originally against such an interface, because we create more or less competition, we decided to give status.tw with a REST API. We also rejected the idea to unlock this API only on request with an API token. So this API is now available for everyone. We hope that with such tools we can spur the community on again to create more Teeworld websites. The number of communities, clan websites etc. has unfortunately decreased in recent years.
- Added Documentation for the REST API
- Added REST API
- Added countryflag to country name on some overview pages
- Fixed clan and player overview only displaying 0.6 or 0.7
- Added AI Player countryflag instead of label
- Fixed country in player overview is displaying code instead of name
- Some backend improvements
First of all we wish you a happy new year! We have been working on the new update during the last weeks and are happy to announce that status.tw now supports the Teeworlds version 0.7 as well. The corresponding lists and searches now provide 0.6 and 0.7 servers and players respectively. By changing the master server ports it is now possible for a master to run both a 0.6 and a 0.7 server. Accordingly, our Service Status page has been updated. Through 0.7 we now get more information about players and servers (bots, server levels etc.). We have now marked bots in the player lists and equipped the server pages with the new information.
As always we would like to inform you to visit our Styles page. To the graphic artists among you we would like to recommend to share new server graphics with the community.
- Added popular 0.7 maps and gametypes charts
- Updated charts to display 0.6 and 0.7 stats in the master distribution charts
- Bug Fix: Selected player was not highlighted in the player list
- Updated service status page to display a new status if the master only supports one version
- Updated service status page to support 0.6 and 0.7 masters
- Updated start page to show 0.6 and 0.7 stats
- Updated all lists, searches and server pages to support 0.6 and 0.7
- New crawler introduced for Teeworlds 0.7
Beta release of version 2.0
After much too long development time the day has come where we offer a new version of status.tw. In the last months a lot has happened in the Teeworlds world. In line with the long-awaited release of Teeworlds 0.7 we are now starting the beta phase of our new status.tw version. Even though the time since the last version was much too long, we still haven't managed to integrate all functions (I'm really sorry ._.), we'd like to introduce you to status.tw in version 2. In the next weeks we will integrate the rest of the planned features and hopefully offer every Teeworlds player a nice possibility to view server statistics.
The last weeks are difficult for Teeworlds. Permanent DDoS attacks on Teeworlds servers and especially on the Teeworlds Masterservers affect the game. Therefore it is very difficult to get reasonable statistics of all servers. Some masterservers are protected by special firewall rules or simply not reachable at all. Therefore we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situation.
In the unlikely event that these persons read this message, we ask the operators of Masterserver 2 and Masterserver 4 to contact us to work out a common solution for the clean transfer of the Masterserver statistics to our service. A little thought for the Teeworlds developers (so oy): Please use HTTP for the master server communication. This would make a lot of things easier. The constant working against the Teeworlds modding community harms the game more than it should.
Finally, here is a list with all functions that have been added or reworked. Unfortunately there are very few new features, because the focus of this update was a few small details, the new design and the new backend. But these changes will make it easier to add new features in the future. So don't hesitate to let us know your wishes.
- A new modern and responsive design
- Server status images were added again(Unfortunately we don't have a graphic designer in our team. Thanks to Ravie and Riot for the first pictures).
- New diagrams. Currently we are working on long-term statistics to create more diagrams.
- The website statistics of Teeeworlds relevant websites have been removed. We think this is simply better at the moment. However, we are open to partnerships with Teeworlds websites, clans etc.
- Improved crawler. Finally the stats are no longer typed by hand by goblins in my basement ._. The new crawlers are now a bit faster than the goblins and also support 64 player servers and 0.7 (Currently only the amount of servers, full server info will follow in the coming weeks).
- Improved master server banlist. Unfortunately not all servers follow the rules. A list with all bad guys is now available in a revised version at status.tw. It is now clearer who was banned, when he was banned and why he was banned at all.
- There is now a clearer server page. Each server now has its own information page. There you will find all server information, the player list, as well as location information and the provider. It is now also possible to connect directly to the server via a link to the Steam version of Teeworlds.
- The server search has not changed optically. We did a little work on the screws. It should be a little faster now.
- Multilingualism. A system for multilingualism has been implemented. We are working on further translations.
We are currently working on the new Version of status.tw!
Version 2.0 of status.tw will have a lot of new features. Take a look on the following list:
- New design
- Server Status images added again
- New Charts
- Removed website stats
- New script for masterserver stats
- Clan overview
- 64 player support